Saturday, January 4, 2014

home is wherever i'm with you

I'll update this one later with more pictures, but unfortunately, I just realized that I didn't really take a lot over the break. So if you have some, please post them somewhere!

Chilk-fil-a has been a driving force of motivation for me to make it to Christmas and summer breaks. They have always been there for me, but you let me down this time, CFA. You let me down. They should've know that, despite the fact that it was indeed a Sunday, I was coming from the land of no CFA and I should be an exception. It was a crushing disappointment upon arriving back in the states, but don't worry. It did not cast a dark cloud on the whole trip. Just the first couple of minutes. 


The stars aligned and Allison, Shay, and I were together for the first time in over two years. Shay is about to move back to Louisiana, so hopefully we can reunion often!


This also happened: red velvet cheesecake in my mouth so delicious. Thanks, Mrs. Christy!


I got my dad this little doozy, and thanks to the help of Rachel, was able to tell him what it means: Joy, Faith, Peace, Love, Jesus Christ. Don't tell him, but I'm probably going to steal it when I go back.


I roadtripped down to Gonzales to see my best friends and their new baby, Clark! So incredible to see them being amazing parents. Still can't believe we're old enough to have kids. Bye.


Got to spend a lot of time with this guy, and this is the only picture I got. Probably the best one we've ever taken.

Stever drops me off at the airport and we get coffee and have a quick chat about life. Then he takes out his phone and says, "time for our selfie!"

It was a wonderful break that went by entirely too fast. I can't believe I'm already back in Cambodia (and that this is the 5th blog post of the night). I am so blessed and loved far more than I deserve, and I look forward to what the future holds.

M


1 comment: