Friday, November 2, 2012

love, I want to fall back in

So maybe the iced coffee after school was a bad idea.

It feels like all those nights in college (oh MY did I just reference my college years like they were long ago? Yes, yes I did) when I had to pull an all-nighter. I am just so awake. Like deliriously awake. Like I probably shouldn't use this awakeness to blog because who knows what I'll say. Oh well. 

Today, I wore my hair down to school. I don't expect you to understand what a monumental feat this is, because most of you have no concept of the weather here. Um, life here is a big sweat. I think that sums it up pretty well. I think I made it through the day because my classroom's air conditioner is finally working properly and (the Cambodian equivalent to) winter is coming. 

Did you know that saying "thank you" in Afrikaans sounds like you're saying "buy a donkey?" I have added a new language to my list. Because being able to say one word means you speak the whole language, right? Hopefully Lorinda doesn't mind me butchering her language in the name of learning : )

I'll leave you with this: the aftermath of a birthday party in class last week. Silly string. Silly string everywhere. Kids loved it. Ms. Gore's stress level spiked to an all-time high. Just another day in Grade 3.

<3M

p.s. If you got the GOT reference, then ten points to Griffyndor


No comments:

Post a Comment